Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Stars We Used To Know

Under the stars this night
The world seems crueler
We are small, yes
But not meaningless

The haughty stars
Mock my hopefulness
And I glare at them
With the might
Of ants against their giants

There was a time
When the starlight
Fed my dreams
And moonshadows
Formed the figures
Of my Future

But tonight these stars
Are cruel brutes
Insensitive to the pain
Their timelessness brings

Yet in this night
Cloaked in the
Dark of my anger
I find a peace

Her presence is small
But her fate mighty
She walks around me
She is the Life
The Breath of my Betters
And my Beings

Her presence
Will light the path
Of my new Living

And so tonight I yell
Into a nothingness
With the hope
Of all I have
Of all that is
This precious existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment